Well, I took a pregnancy test this morning, even though it’s only day 27 and I know it’s too early and otherwise was unlikely this first cycle anyway, and yeah, got a negative.
It’s okay, it’s not like I:
- dreamed three separate dreams last night about taking a pregnancy test
- kept waking up when it was still dark out and convincing myself over and over to go back to sleep
- woke up at first light (earlier than usual) stretched “sleepily” for a few minutes, and then got up to take the test only after hubby (truly sleepily) woke up too and suggested I go for it like we had talked about the night before
- was having phantom pregnancy symptoms yesterday
- have no idea what’s going on with my body, like — are the mild cramping feelings I’m having a) impending ovulation b) impending period or c) none of the above?
Maybe I haven’t ovulated yet. Maybe it’s still on its way and my cycle is running long, like last month. I can’t say I am not disappointed, because that would be an obvious lie. I will say:
Chin up, chin up
Put a little laughter in your eyes
Brave it, save it
Even though you’re feeling otherwise
Rise up, wise up
Make a little smile begin
You’ll be happy hearted
Once you get it started
Up with your chinny chin chin!
I just can’t help loving this animated classic and it does make me smile and feel like putting my chin up. If you’re feeling really ambitious (or need to put your chinny chin chin up for one reason or another too,) watch the song from the 1973 movie here.